Sunday, August 9, 2009

So long, the Goode Family

ABC aired two episodes of The Goode Family on Friday (not back-to-back for some reason, opting to air them in-between the rerun of According to Jim). These two were the last of the season 1 episodes and as it turns out, the last episodes period.

Can't say I'm surprised. The ratings were lackluster at best, and it aired on Friday nights, the worst night to air premieres. Especially the animated ones. (The show was originally on Wednesday nights, but the ratings were terrible so it was moved to Fridays after two weeks).

I didn't think it was terrible. Some entertaining moments here and there. But I can see why it didn't do so well. Basically, most plots are King of the Hill rejects with the politics reversed.

I'll give ABC credit for one thing: they actually aired all 13 completed episodes. I can't say the same thing for other ink-and-paint prime time sitcoms from the past 10 years that doesn't air on FOX.

No comments: