Monday, September 28, 2009

A Faire to Remember and S.S. K'Nuckies

Well, since Cartoon Network took down Cartoonstitute, I guess I'll mention what's on their official website.

CN will not air a new "Chowder" this week (it will return next week, tho...). However, last week's is up, and it's pretty funny. Called "A Faire to Remember", Chowder becomes friends with another girl, making Panini very jealous. See it, it's only going to be up for 2 weeks.

Panini's pretty much the highlight of the episode, especially the way she's drawn. And this is probably the only time you'll see her "inner male", complete with Popeye-arms, 4-o'clock shadows, and speaking in a very manly voice.



"The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" continues to amaze me. One of the neat things is that the styles vary depending on the writer/board artists. I'm beginning to love the Sean Szeles-Somvilay Xayaphone episodes that's been coming out this season and "S.S. K'Nuckles" is no exception. What I found amazing is it has like 3 different subplots going on in a 11 minute cartoon, and it ties up in the end. Watch it here.



Sean Szeles has some production art from the episode on his blog.

(and yes, folks. I actually like some of the newer cartoons. What, you think I'm stuck in the past consistently or sumthin'?)

No comments: