Monday, July 12, 2010

Pictures Galore

Me and Will Finn. I'm holding the sketch he drew for me; Will's holding the Cartoonist PROfiles back-issue I gave him (has articles on Chuck Jones and Eek & Meek strip)

The all-knowing cartoon historian Jerry Beck

Animator Mark Kausler. We talked about 16mm collecting and how these days we have to pay obscene price to obtain some prints (Mark's been doing this for decades and also has a huge 35mm collection).

Mike Kazalah. We met while waiting in line at the Gene Deitch screening. He did a drawing of Mighty Mouse (he worked on the show) for me, which I will post soon.

When I told him I have the DVD, Mike told Mark Kausler "Hey, somebody actually bought it!"

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hey, I also bought that Mighty Mouse DVD! Were the sales particually low or something?

Looks like you had a blast, I'm pretty envious that you had the chance to meet some of the key members of L.A.'s animation scene!